Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Chanel Mat Lumiere Review

It is finally 2014! And to begin the year i'm publishing a post that i've been working on for a week or so now.

A few weeks ago you may have read my post on the Chanel Vitalumiere sample that i recieved. I used it for a few weeks, and i really enjoyed the formula. It lasted really well during the day whilst i was at work. I decided the actual colour was a little bit too dark and too yellow for me. I received a few Myer gift cards for Christmas and my birthday so i decided to go in a purchase the foundation. Unfortunately they didn't have the lighter shade for me to try, so i asked to try the Mat Lumiere instead as i read this was good for oily skin and had more coverage than the Vitalumiere. I get an oily t-zone sometimes so i wanted something to combat that.



So the Vitalumiere shade that i had sampled was #20 Clair. They didn't have a lighter shade in the Mat Lumiere but fortunately shade #20 Clair in this particular line was lighter than the Vitalumiere shade #20.
With flash, top-bottom: Vitalumiere #20 & Mat Lumiere #20

Without flash, left - right: Mat Lumiere #20 & Vitalumiere #20
You can see from these swatches that the Mat Lumiere is a lot lighter than the Vitalumiere, particularly with the flash on. This foundation is really cool because it comes in a pump container so you won't get too much out of it and waste any, and one pump is enough to cover my face. For $72 i think this is pretty good value.

Cleansed skin

With Mat Lumiere and boi-ing concealer


After using this foundation for a few weeks i do like it, but i think i need something with more hydration as it does attach to my dry patches. You can see in the second picture it shows up my flakiness and peach fuzzness. I'll continue to use it though and just make sure i exfoliate well and moisturise lots. I think i prefer Vitalumiere, and shade #20 in Mat Lumiere is actually too dark for me, so i might mix it with one of my lighter foundations and see what that does!

I was also really interested in trying the Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Creme, i prefer gel moisturisers over creams and lotions. I have previously used MAC's Mineralize Charged Water Gel, and i did like this one but i wanted to try something else. The Chanel Gel is $108 so i really wanted to sample it before i bought it. The lovely SA gave me a sample to try as well as a sample of the Eye Gel, i'm not into eye creams yet. I do use a sample of Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Eye Creme which has lasted me quite a while at the moment. She also gave me a sample of the Chance perfume, so that was really nice! So far i do like the Gel, there definitely wasn't enough in the sample for a few days though!

The eye creme is pretty good, i can tell that it is reducing my dark circles. But i think the RRP is over $110!

The Chance sample is divine, totally love it! I'll be adding that to my future purchases list!


No comments:

Post a Comment