Friday, March 28, 2014

NYX Butt Naked Palette


Nyx cosmetics

Today I bring you a really exciting post! As most of you are aware NYX Cosmetics arrived in Target stores towards the end of last year, in my state only two Target stores received the first lot. One store is at the other end of the state and the other store is in a suburb I don’t venture to. I have been out there specifically for the NYX products and to my excitement I recently asked on the NYX facebook page if our city store would be receiving the products, which they replied with YES! The products were meant to hit the store last week, and when I noticed there was no sign of a NYX stand I messaged them. Due to issues with the display the products wouldn’t be in store until this week, Today actually. (It still isn't in store yet!) This made me really disappointed, but the kind gals at NYX sent me a sample pack, which has perked me right up! I was expecting some sample sized products or something along those lines, but here is what I got, The Butt Naked Eyes Palette ($25).




This is a two level palette, the top featuring a mix of natural colour eyeshadow shades in matte and shimmer! I guess it's taking advantage of the fame and popularity of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes. I haven't tested this out yet but it does look amazing!


The lower level is easy to pull out, you just push the top level backwards. This level features 4 blush shades, unfortunately I haven't been able to find any names for the blushes but the first one on the left looks very similar to "Pinched". There is also a Bronzer on the left and two Illuminators on the right, again no shade names. I'm really excited by this product, it's a handy all in one product that I think will be great for travelling! I can't wait to try out all the shades and let you know what they are like. 


I am also going to list a few of the products I have down on my list to buy, and I’d love to know if you have any of the products and what you think of them.

Shine Killer Primer – I have a serious issue with an oily t-zone, I even use a matte foundation but it still gets oily. Hopefully this can help me combat this issue.

HD Studio Photogenic Primer – This does sound like it would be the perfect primer for nights or days out. I’m just keen to give it a try.

Matte Setting Spray – I’d hope with a combination of the shine killer and this setting spray my foundation would stay put for a full 8 hour day! I would love to know your thoughts on this spray.

Mega shine lip gloss in Beautiful & Perfect – The Butter glosses are my favourite lip product of all time, and I’d love them even more if they were available in shimmer shades. Here is hoping that the mega shine lip glosses will have a similar texture and moisturising ability as the butter glosses!

NYX blush in Pinched – I have one of their cream blushes which I love, but sometimes a girl likes a bit of shimmer, and this shade is considered a dupe for NARS Orgasm which I really want to try. ( I guess I don't need that now it's in the palette)

Eyebrow Cake Powder – I don’t actually do anything with my brows at the moment, but I thought it would be cool to have a product that I could try it out with and make my brows look less patchy! 

What are you favourite NYX products?

2 comments:

  1. What a cute name! These look like very wearable colours! Thanks for the review! :)

    Ty's Blog of Epiphanies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very wearable colors but a little frosty

      Delete