Friday, April 4, 2014

MonstrosiTEA Subscription Box

I'm really excited to share this post with you, some of you may have already seen my pictures on Instagram but today i'm here to share with you a non-beauty related subscription box. MonstrosiTEA! A tea Subscription box, this box is really cheap for a subscription box $15 per month and for a tea lover like me it's definitely useful! Let me give you a run down on how the box works, like other sub boxes you pay monthly for a box of samples, in this case you get 4-5 samples of different teas. The sachets are pretty decent sized, and will give you at least 6 cups of tea! Most of the teas only require a teaspoon in boiled water, they give you a list of the tea brands and the tea type, how to brew them and the sachets are numbered accordingly.





Let me tell you the teas I received:

1. Monstrositea - Vanilla Rooibos - has a light earthy, fruity flavour which goes beautifully with vanilla. Can be served with milk and sugar.

2. Tea Leaves - Almond and Vanilla - Supposedly tastes like marzipan (i've never tried that before) a blend of China and Ceylon teas, almond oil and chopped vanilla bean. Can be served with milk and sugar.

3. Truly Tea - Scrumptious - Fig bits, caramel bits, hazelnut brittle, rosemary, rose buds and rose blossom leaves. Served black or with milk.

4. High Himalayan Tea Traders - Special Himalaya Organic Herbal Tulsi - An antioxidant rich tea with Tulsi, a close relative of sweet basil. Doesn't suggest how to serve it, i'd assume black.

The teas are delievered in a cute little tin which i think will be very handy, i'll be able to store my teas at work. As soon as I opened them I knew I had to try one straight away so I decided on number 2, the Almond and Vanilla one. I have a lot of loose leaf tea so i've already invested in mesh tea bags from T2, so i used one of these with a teaspoon of the tea. I did as it suggested and tried this with sugar and milk (i had almond milk). This tea is really delicious, not very over powering and lovely and sweet. I can't describe what it tasted like but it was like an almond/vanilla sweet, i guess what i'd assume marzipan tastes like.

I can't wait to try the other teas, and I look forward to the next box! Have you subscribed to this box or any non beauty boxes?
I'd like to thank Sarah from More Than Adored for bringing this lovely box to my attention, although it was a long wait from when I first made my payment it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment