Sunday, May 11, 2014

A little bit of luxury

It's that time when Priceline members are rewarded with their quarterly pay pack cheques! This week I received a whopping $14, that's not such a good thing when you think about how much you need to spend to get that much back! So I had a little think about what I might like to spend my voucher on, I though about nail polishes, I thought about make-up, but I decided to treat myself to two product i've been eyeing off but never been able to justify the purchase, based on price.

If you read my blog regularly you'll know i'm a lip gloss, lip balm, lip stick lover! So it's only natural my product was of the lip variety, of course they are more on the beneficial side. I bring you, Lanolips Ointment 101 and Nuxe Reve de Miel.


I don't know why I haven't got on the Lanolips bandwagon before, it's a bit like the Lucas Paw Paw bandwagon, a cult favourite that's Australia! Lanolips is made from Lanolin which comes from freshly shawn sheep's wool! I swear as a child I used Lanolin before, but I don't recall it being this pretty in packaging, so maybe it was something else! On first impressions the packaging for this is super cute, pink (my favourite colour) and features an adorable sheep! As for the actual product, it's a lot firmer than I expected more firmer than Lucas Paw Paw, but once applied to your lips it settles nicely. There is actually zero scent or taste to this, so I love that and it seems really moisturising! Overall I am quite impressed with Lanolips and I can see the craze behind it. I'd be interested to try more of their products, like their tinted ointments. You can use this on cuticles, dry skin and those annoying sore noses you get after a cold! Winning!



Nuxe, a luxurious French brand infamous for creating amazing and nourishing products from Multi-use body oils to hand creams and lip balms! I'll admit this is my first Nuxe product, mainly because i'm not into body oils and I have a lot of hand creams I need to use up and the price always puts me off. This lip balm is $19.95, so not as higher a price as some of their other products. Its a concentrated formula which helps to nourish, repair and soothe lips with ingredients including, honey, lemon, shea butter and grapefruit essence. Sound pretty delicious really! It comes in a cute little jar with 15ml of product, it's actually quite firm to touch but you don't need to apply a lot to your lips. The texture is pretty nice, just a typical lip balm/butter texture to me. And the scent? Oh em gee! It's like a citrus party in my nostrils! Not too citrus though, as the honey brings it down a notch and makes it quite plesant. It feels quite nice on the lips, but I haven't tested it long enough to find out it's lasting power. I'll be sure to let you know.

I really wish I had known about Nuxe products when I was in France! I would have bought up a storm! In future I won't completely rule out Nuxe just based on their price, i'll wait for those 40% off sales at least!

Are you a fan of these products? Or are you like me and haven't got on that bandwagon yet? You really should!

5 comments:

  1. I'm never without a tube of Lanolips. Awesome stuff! I love the Nuxe lipbalm too. It's great for under lipstick, and fabulous for cuticles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice of products. I love Nuxe to the moon and back and my experiences with Lanolips have always been positive

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really enjoying the Nuxe balm! I apply it at night and it leaves me lips really nice in the morning. I also find the moisture factor last ages during the day as well! It is great for under lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to invest in one of these, my lips need something more than the lip balms I normally use. Winter is sooo drying! For a bargain buy, the Nivea lip butters are pretty good though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been using my Nivea Lip Butter today as I forgot my Lanolips for work. It's just not as nice as the other two! :(

    ReplyDelete