Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sigma Brushes

As a new comer to beauty, well at least caring about my skin and what products I use on it, I have come to learn a lot about the benefits of  good brush! You have previously seen I've invested in the infamous Real Techniques Brushes, which I love to death! I also have a set of Furless brushes which I order. As much as I love all these brushes, I feel I'm still missing a few from my collection, and my Furless Angled Eyeshadow brush seems to scratch my eyelid!! I took this as an opportunity to research some more brushes, specifically eye brushes.

I don't think I'll ever afford a MAC brush, I find them way too expensive! So I ruled that out of my research and I limited it to two brands, Real Techniques and Sigma. Obviously Real Techniques are a lot cheaper, and I had never considered Sigma brushes before, because I thought they were too hard to buy in Australia, it turns out they aren't!



Today I'll post about the Sigma Brushes as the Real Techniques haven't arrived yet.

When researching Sigma brushes, I went to their US site and they listed some distributors in Australia. I picked Redefining Beauty, mainly because they were cheaper and the postage was cheap too about $5. It took me ages to decide what brushes i'd buy, and limit myself to only a few brushes. Obviously I ended up with the Angled Eyeshadow Brush the Medium E70 $12.73 +gst, I also decided I'd like another blending brush, something a bit smaller and will fit into my crease nicely, the Small Tapered Blending Brush E45 $12.73 +gst. All up these cost me $33.50 including postage.

These brushes are really soft on my eyelids and blend really nicely. I've used them both in the crease, and I find the tapered one is a lot more defined, whilst the angled brush provides a softer blend. The angled brush also works really well just on the eyelid, for a softer touch.

I'd be really interested to try more of their brushes in the future, especially some face brushes! Maybe the F80 Kabuki next!

What are your favourite Sigma brushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment